Among the best issues about proudly owning a Samsung system is its feature-rich software program. There are such a lot of helpful settings you possibly can change and options you should use to make your Galaxy telephone or pill work higher for you. On this information, we’ll be seven such options that you need to strive straight away to make your system extra user-friendly.
1. Entry Your Notification Historical past
Notifications have develop into so frequent that we regularly swipe them away instinctively with out having a correct look. This normally is not a giant deal, however generally, you would possibly dismiss a notification that contained essential data.
Don’t fret, your Samsung telephone accounts for moments like these and might retailer your notification historical past for the final 24 hours. This is learn how to allow it:
- Open your system Settings and choose Notifications > Superior settings.
- Faucet Notification historical past and toggle it on. As soon as turned on, your telephone will begin saving notifications you obtain all through the day. To maintain issues organized, it’s going to routinely categorize them primarily based on the apps that despatched them.
- To view all of the notifications you acquired from a particular app within the final 24 hours, faucet the drop-down menu icon beside that app.
- On high of the checklist of notifications acquired within the final 24 hours, additionally, you will see your not too long ago dismissed notifications for fast entry.
2. Use Edge Panels for Fast Entry
A trivial but frequent wrestle amongst smartphone customers is looking for a particular app from the ocean of apps on their telephones. To make this simpler, Samsung telephones include edge panels that act as mini-drawers which you could pull out from the aspect of the display.
Together with that, you possibly can arrange edge panels to carry out quite a lot of actions corresponding to making calls, taking screenshots, beginning voice recordings, checking the climate, beginning a timer, opening a brand new browser tab, and rather more.
To allow the characteristic, merely go to Settings > Show and toggle on Edge panels. When you allow it, a deal with will seem on the precise aspect of your display (which you’ll be able to customise later). Swipe it inwards to open and entry your panels.
From right here, you possibly can populate the Apps panel together with your favourite apps (as much as 22 apps) by tapping the hamburger icon and choosing Edit. So as to add extra panels, go to the Edge panels menu, faucet Panels, and choose those you discover helpful.
3. Delete Shared Screenshots
Do you usually share screenshots with different folks, however then overlook to delete them out of your gallery? All these screenshots that you just need not preserve are hogging your system’s storage.
Fortunately, you possibly can set your telephone to routinely delete a screenshot after you share it from the screenshot toolbar. To take action, head over to your system Settings, choose Superior options > Screenshots and display recorder and toggle on Delete shared screenshots.
Keep in mind, the screenshot toolbar solely seems for a few seconds after you are taking a screenshot. So when you miss it, your screenshot can be saved in your gallery, and you will have to delete it manually afterward.
4. Management Your Cellphone With Gestures
Your Galaxy telephone is loaded with a bunch of actually intuitive motions and gesture settings that make your system extra user-friendly. To seek out these settings, head over to your system Settings and choose Superior options > Motions and gestures.
Some options you may discover there embrace:
- Carry to wake: activates the display routinely if you decide up your telephone.
- Double faucet to activate display and Double faucet to show off display: helps keep away from clicking the facility button to manage the display.
- Maintain display on whereas viewing: retains your display awake if you’re utilizing it.
- Alert when telephone picked up: sends haptic suggestions if you decide your telephone up after having missed a name or message.
5. Sport Launcher
Sport Launcher is a devoted area that organizes all of your video games and gives particular options to enhance your gaming expertise. As an example, you possibly can bookmark related apps, internet pages, and gallery pictures for fast entry. You too can see all of the notifications you acquired out of your video games in a single place, so you possibly can compensate for something you would possibly’ve missed.
With Immediate Performs, you possibly can check out a brand new sport immediately to see if it is value downloading. With Sport Booster, you possibly can customise all kinds of settings to optimize your gameplay, save battery, and block disturbances. All these options mixed make Sport Launcher an awesome different to Google Play Video games. This is learn how to allow it:
- Open your system Settings and go to Superior options.
- Scroll down to search out Sport Launcher and toggle it on. Upon enabling it, Sport Launcher can be added to your app drawer.
6. Enhance Sound High quality on Your Galaxy System
In the event you’re not impressed by the sound high quality of your Galaxy system, there are methods you may make it higher. Head over to Settings > Sounds and vibration > Sound high quality and results. Right here, you may see various sound settings to enhance your listening expertise.
This is what every of those settings does:
- Dolby Atmos: As you would possibly know, Dolby Atmos is a surround-sound expertise that simulates a 360-degree sound impact much like that of a movie show. Turning it on immediately improves the general definition and readability of your music.
- You too can use Dolby Atmos for different functions corresponding to calling or watching motion pictures. For that, faucet the Dolby Atmos menu and select from Auto, Film, Music, or Voice. For gaming, toggle on Dolby Atmos for gaming.
- Equalizer: For the audiophiles on the market, you possibly can mess around with the equalizer, tweaking the lows, mids, and highs to create the proper sound signature tailor-made to your style. Or, you possibly can merely select from the given presets corresponding to Pop, Basic, Jazz, or Rock.
- UHQ upscaler: Will increase the sound decision of your music to enhance definition and element. Observe that UHQ upscaler is a wired headphones-only characteristic. In case your telephone does not have a 3.5mm audio jack, you may want to make use of a USB-C adapter.
- Adapt sound: Everybody’s ears are distinctive and have completely different sensitivity to sure sound frequencies. Understanding this, Adapt sound trains your telephone to create a customized sound profile to fit your ears by making you endure a rigorous sound take a look at.
7. Change the Notification Pop-Up Type
You may customise the look of notification pop-ups to make them much less or extra noticeable. This is how to try this:
- Open your system Settings and choose Notifications.
- Go to Transient pop-up settings > Edge lighting model. From right here, you possibly can change the pop-up impact, coloration, transparency, and period.
Make Your Galaxy System Work Higher for You
Together with those listed above, there are a ton of different settings and options which you could uncover in your Samsung Galaxy system that assist save time, enhance your productiveness, and enhance your life-style.
If you wish to go a step past, it’s also possible to obtain Samsung’s Good Lock app from the Galaxy Retailer to revamp your system to a complete new degree. You could be stunned by how effectively it will probably change the general feel and look of your handset.