We’re again with one more version of our Smartphone Patrons Insights Survey to present you an thought of how folks in India purchase smartphones. The smartphone phase in India is bustling with new launches each different week, with new manufacturers coming into the house and new applied sciences being launched regularly. We performed a survey with over 15,000 contributors to grasp traits in smartphone possession, model loyalty, how folks resolve on a brand new smartphone, and so forth.
On this article, we take a more in-depth take a look at the traits in smartphone possession and the way they’ve modified since final yr.
Developments in smartphone possession
Smartphone manufacturers folks personal right now
- Unsurprisingly, Samsung stays the preferred smartphone model in India, with 17.4 p.c of our survey contributors proudly owning a Samsung telephone. That stated, the model appears to be dealing with a risk to its place from Apple.
- Apple has gained probably the most possession share between April 2021 and April 2022. As per our survey information, 14.3 p.c of individuals personal an Apple smartphone, a significant bounce from 7 p.c final yr. The explanation behind this appears to be the worth drops on older iPhones following the launch of iPhone 13 collection, in addition to the launch of the inexpensive iPhone SE 3.
- Whereas Samsung continues to be on the prime when it comes to possession, the truth is that the model’s possession share has been on the decline. The proportion of individuals proudly owning a Samsung telephone has dropped from 22.8 p.c to 17.4 p.c.
- Vivo has additionally seen a noticeable achieve in possession from 7.2 p.c final yr to 11.2 p.c in 2022. Vivo has been increasing its portfolio in India quickly this previous yr and the model launched the Vivo T1, an inexpensive 5G smartphone.
- Realme and OnePlus noticed marginal good points in possession, which is shocking contemplating the 2 manufacturers have launched a number of gadgets over the previous yr, particularly inexpensive 5G handsets below the Narzo and Nord collection.
- Xiaomi and Samsung have each seen a decline in possession. Motorola and Honor are additionally on the decline. The latter is sensible as Honor didn’t launch any new telephone in India since 2020.
Which smartphone model do folks need to personal subsequent
- Apple is unquestionably seeking to substitute Samsung as the preferred smartphone model in India. In keeping with our survey, over 25 p.c of contributors need to personal an Apple iPhone subsequent. That is the largest change in model possession in 2022. OnePlus is available in second with 15.2 p.c seeking to personal a OnePlus telephone subsequent.
- Total, we see Apple gaining in model desire yr on yr, which is probably going because of older iPhones getting discounted, particularly throughout main Amazon and Flipkart gross sales, in addition to the launch of the iPhone SE 3 as an entry-level iPhone.